1st Grade Stationary Engineer- PRN
Requisition #: 460783
Location: Howard County General Hospital, Columbia, MD 21044
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Evening Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Dec. 27, 2021
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 460783
Location: 5755 Cedar Lane, Columbia, MD 21044
Casual, on-call (16 hrs week)
Even Shift, 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm
The Stationary Engineer 1st Class is a skilled, responsible position in the Engineering Department. The job requires a thorough understanding of Steam Boiler, Chiller and HVAC plant equipment design and operating principles to safely, reliably and efficiently produce and distribute the utilities of steam and chilled water. This position also monitors, tunes and troubleshoots the consumption of these utilities by the Hospital’s distributed HVAC equipment, such that the various Hospital spaces are properly
conditioned. Accuracy is essential. Occasionally supervises work direction or instruction of other employees. A State of Maryland Stationary Engineers License is required.
1. High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required for this position.
2. Minimum of three (3) years of previous experience in boiler room or related area.
3. Minimum of seven (7) years of previous experience in the boiler room or related area is requiredwithout a high school diploma.
1. Ability to operate engines and machinery necessary to heat and air-condition the hospital.
2. Ability to read and follow instructions in operations manual.
3. Working knowledge of computerized Building Management Systems.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.