Infusion Collection Specialist II
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Intrastaff, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Clerical and Administrative Support
Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it's one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
Johns Hopkins Home Care Group
Monday - Friday
8:00AM - 4:30PM
- Policies and procedures
- Billing and collection and regulations regarding third party payers
- Medical terminology and coding
- The Collection Specialist II, must demonstrate an advanced level of proficiency in multiple payers’ billing and collection practices, secures payment for home health care services that have been provided by Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, contact and follow-up with third-party payers and insured party individuals.
- Independently troubleshoots and resolves complex payer issues to completion on a daily basis.
- Acts as a resource and helps to train others.
- ]Resolves debit and credit balance accounts.
- Additional duties may include payer audits, software system testing and all other duties as assigned by manager.
High School Diploma or equivalent. College preferred
2 years medical billing experience
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.