Critical Care/Parenteral Nutrition Dietitian
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Allied Health/Clinical Professional
- Day Shift
$5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS
The Johns Hopkins Hospital is seeking an inpatient Clinical Dietitian specializing in critical care and parenteral nutrition. A minimum of 2 years’ experience required and CNSC certification. This individual would work collaboratively with a cutting edge multi-disciplinary health care team to promote wellness, maintain current health, and/or intervene in acute or chronic illness through evidence-based practices. This position will focus on the ICU patients plus inpatient parenteral nutrition care and will work with the critical care group. This position involves the assessment and individualized care for our diverse patient population. We offer a traditional 8-hour work schedule or a 9-hour schedule with 1 day off within the 80 hour pay period .
Work requires a Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition or a related field from an accredited college or university. Knowledge of food science, biochemistry, physiology, management science, behavioral science and social science as applied to human nutrition is required
Minimum of 2 years’ experience required, plus CNSC certification.
Requires registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration. Must be a Licensed Dietitian-Nutritionist within the State of Maryland or be eligible to apply for licensure prior to hire.
- Work requires knowledge of food science, biochemistry, physiology, management science, behavioral science, and social science as applied to human nutrition, human metabolism, influence of nutrition on specific diseases and conditions, and basic knowledge of clinical research tools.
- Work requires the analytical skills to collect information from diverse sources, apply professional principles in performing various analyses, and summarize the information and data in order to: assess patient conditions, plan suitable diets and evaluate response, and solve problems.
- Work requires substantial interpersonal skills to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all members of the interdisciplinary team to enhance collaboration and problem-solving; to interact with patients, families, providers and other health care professionals; and to provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.
- Work requires the ability to educate patients and teach students.
- Ability to assist in supervision of support staff and students.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard to input and obtain data.
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift; 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Weekend work required
We have a robust benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401K. For additional information please go to: https://jhh.mybenefitsjhhs.com
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.