- Requisition #:
- Suburban Hospital, Bethesda, MD 20814
- Evening Shift
At Suburban you will experience the resources and reputation of Johns Hopkins world-class care - with our own unique culture. We offer an academic approach to care delivery within our local community. Ours is a collaborative, family-focused work culture, where we practice complex medicine and are committed to ongoing learning and skill development. The connections and partnerships our nurses forge with physicians, fellow nurses, other support staff, generous donors, and patients and their family members helps Suburban Hospital elevate the patient experience and excel in safety, quality and patient care.
What Awaits You?
- Career growth and development
- Free on-site parking
- Tuition Assistance
- Diverse and collaborative working environment
- Affordable and comprehensive benefits package
- Performs various specimen collection and phlebotomy techniques in the collection of specimens for inpatients and/or outpatients. May perform laboratory tests/waived laboratory tests including but not limited to Ocult and Gastric Blood tests, Urine pH and Urine Volume.
- May operate and maintain automated pre-analytical instrumentation or Cobas automated storage and retrieval system.
- May perform data entry, processing of specimens; billing functions, and all patient registration and preanalytic setups. Ensures accuracy of all data entry and processed specimens.
- Serves as a mentor, and work in support of associated department initiatives, projects, and training.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service and safe & compassionate patient care at all times.
- blood drawing, receiving and processing of Laboratory & Referral specimens for testing. May perform other related activities to the operation of the Laboratory.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant clinical phlebotomy experience in a Laboratory setting is required
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- ASCP-PBT, or equivalent from a department approved certifying agency.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.