New Grad RN - Neuro Critical Care
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Rotating Shift
Day/Night Rotating Shifts
Elevate your possibilities
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center is a 420-bed teaching hospital, trauma center, neonatal intensive care unit, geriatrics center, and is home to the Johns Hopkins Burn Center, the only adult burn trauma in Maryland. Careers at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center offer the opportunity to experience the pride of being part of Johns Hopkins while working with a team of caring professionals.
The Neurosciences Critical Care Unit (NCCU) is a 14-bed critical care unit specifically for Neurosurgical and Neurology patients. The registered nurse (RN) will care for patients undergoing a variety of procedures and surgeries such as craniotomies, spinal fusions, and aneurysm clippings/coilings. Additionally, you would care for a spectrum of patients with neurological disorders, cerebrovascular events, and status epilepticus. The RNs work with medical therapies in addition to devices and integrated technology to enhance assessment skills which include: EVDs, Artic Sun ®, and Pupillometry.
What Awaits You:
- Achievable and Progressive Clinical Ladder to encourage career growth and development
- Tuition Reimbursement & Loan Forgiveness
- Dependent Child Tuition - Payment for up to 50% of child's tuition and eligible mandatory academic fees at an accredited, degree-granting institution
- Annual Bonuses - Optional Opportunity for an annual bonus through acknowledgment of your professional nursing contributions AND a bonus for completing activities that benefit your health throughout the year!
- Click here to view our benefits website or copy and paste the following website into your browser: bayview.mybenefitsjhhs.com
Who Should Apply:
- Associate degree in Nursing required
- Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
- BLS CPR certification required
Applicants with an Associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program may be considered; provided they are enrolled in an accredited BSN/MSN program within 1 year of hire and complete the degree within 5 years of hire
***Effective January 1st, 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your occupational health screening. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons by following the proper protocols. Effective 6/1/23, employees at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital, its affiliate locations, and Florida State Residents are not required to obtain the COVID-19 vaccine. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Johns Hopkins Health System remains committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients and our communities. We encourage you to explore our current opportunities.
***Authorization to Work in the United States: Applicants who require sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.