- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Howard County Medical Center, Columbia, MD 21044
- Support Services (Services/Trades)
- Day Shift
Central Transporter Position Summary:
The Central Transporter services the entire hospital, providing safe, efficient and effective transportation of patients, medical equipment and/or supplies. The central transporter is continuously on-call enabling rapid response to customer needs, and allowing direct care services to be provided in a timely manner.
Central Transporter Job Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates ability to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific need
- Transports patients throughout the hospital in a manner that maximizes patient comfort, privacy and safety.
- Responsible for transporting supplies, medication, and equipment. Obtains linen and oxygen tanks to be used for patient transport.
- Maintains appropriate and consistent communication with supervisor or lead transporter, advising of any problems or anticipated difficulties.
- Knows patient lifting/moving techniques to ensure safety of patient and to minimize discomfort.
- Knows about the safe operation of patient transport equipment.
- Understands safe patient and equipment transport to MRI.
- Utilizes proper safe lifting techniques, wears back support at all times and understands basic medical terminology for safety of patient (NPO, NWB, etc.)
- Utilizes appropriate Infection Control techniques and hand washing procedures.
- Has access to clean supply areas including, but not limited to IV solutions, needles, and syringes for the purpose of obtaining linen and/or supplies.
Work Hours: 7am - 3:30pm (M-F), Part time/On call, weekend work required
Work Location: Columbia, MD
Central Transporter Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to read and follow directions and complete basic forms
- 1 year experience in a health care setting providing services to patients, preferred
- Required to manage the functions in the transporter menu of Meditech (pull up master schedule, use email, and use of nurse call)
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.