Nurse Manager - Telemetry
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Howard County Medical Center, Columbia, MD 21044
- Nursing Management/Leadership
- Day Shift
Elevate your Possibilities
Nurse managers are responsible for managing one or more defined areas of patient care services. Nurse managers advocate for and allocate available resources to promote efficient, effective, safe, and compassionate nursing care based on current standards of practice. They promote shared decision-making and professional autonomy by providing input - their own and that of their staff - into executive-level decisions, and by keeping staff informed of executive level activities and vice versa.
Our Telemetry unit is a 30 bed, all adult, unit focusing on cardiac, neuro, renal and respiratory patients.
Who should apply:
- Graduate of an accredited program of professional nursing.
- Master’s degree in Nursing or related field required (i.e., health care administration, or business administration). If Master’s degree is not in nursing, must hold BSN.
- Qualified applicants can be placed in the position if they hold a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing and agree to complete a Master’s degree in nursing or related field. Steady progress toward degree completion is defined as a minimum of 9 credits per calendar year from the time they begin coursework. Course work must begin within 6 months of moving into the position.
- Effective July 1, 2016: Current managers with BSN degrees will be grandfathered and not required to get a Master’s degree to stay in the position, Current Managers without BSN’s must obtain BSN and cannot be grandfathered. After July 1, 2016 all managers hired after July 1, 2016 must have a BSN and agree to complete a Master’s degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years clinical experience in health care setting required of which at least three (3) years must include administrative and supervisory responsibilities or equivalent in education and experience.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse by the State of Maryland.
- Must maintain current CPR certification.
- Nationally recognized certification in nursing administration and/or an appropriate specialty preferred.
Why nurses love Howard County Medical Center:
- Team Nursing that focuses on an interdisciplinary approach to care with the nurse at the forefront
- Warm and collegial environment
- Fantastic benefits: https://hcgh.mybenefitsjhhs.com/
- Earn up to $1,000 annually for practicing self-care with Healthy @ Hopkins
- Free parking and more!
Hear what our hospital president has to say about what we do and why we do it. Copy and paste in your browswer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj5KuB34gU8
***Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your occupational health screening. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons by following the proper protocols. Effective 6/1/23, employees at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital, its affiliate locations and Florida State Residents are not required to obtain the COVID-19 vaccine. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Johns Hopkins Health System remains committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients and our communities. We encourage you to explore our current opportunities.
***Authorization to Work in the United States: Applicants who require sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
Questions for Recruiter? Pehrenf1@jhu.edu
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.