Patient Care Technician - Telemetry
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Howard County Medical Center, Columbia, MD 21044
- Nursing Support/Patient Care
- Night Shift
- 36 hours/week; benefitted
- 12-hour shift 7p- 7:30a
Johns Hopkins Howard County Medical Center is a private, not-for-profit, community health care provider, governed by a community-based board of trustees. Since its founding in 1973, the original 59-bed, short-stay hospital has grown into a comprehensive acute care medical center with 226 licensed beds. We specialize in women’s and children’s services, surgery, cardiology, oncology, orthopedics, gerontology, psychiatry, emergency services and community health education. In June 1998, Howard County General Hospital joined Johns Hopkins Medicine. In June 2023, the hospital was renamed Johns Hopkins Howard County Medical Center.
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) performs direct patient care tasks under the direction of the Registered Nurse and performs various tasks as competency documentation designates. Work occasionally requires internal contacts outside the work group to exchange relevant information. Communication with external contacts involves providing or giving factual information.
Why PCTs love Howard County Medical Center:
- Warm and collegial environment
- Fantastic benefits: https://hcgh.mybenefitsjhhs.com/
- Free parking and more
- Earn $1,000 annually for practicing self-care with Healthy @ Hopkins
Hear what our hospital president has to say about what we do and why we do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj5KuB34gU8
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma.
- Completion of an approved medical training program beyond high school (i.e., PCT Training Program, Nursing Technician)
- Minimum of one (1) year hands-on patient care experience in a hospital setting providing patient care is preferred
- Nursing students are excluded from the above requirements while they are actively enrolled in an approved nursing program and after completion of a Fundamentals of Nursing course. Nursing students must successfully complete the hospital-based PCT Training program prior to performing the duties of a patient care technician
- Nursing Assistant Certification from the Maryland Board of Nursing required
- Current CPR certification
- PCT Course Certification
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.