Actuarial Analyst II- Population Health
Requisition #: 466664
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Jan. 10, 2022
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 466664
Location: 1800 Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD 21287
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift; 8:00am - 5:00pm
The Actuarial Analyst II will report through the Office of Population Health (OPH) to the Director of Analytics and Evaluation . The Office of Population Health is a part of the Johns Hopkins Health System and provides i financial analytic activity that will range from valuing IBNR to developing claims and revenue forecasts to statistical analysis and financial modeling. Key responsibilities include analyzing financial data, working with external and third party data and vendors to draw actionable business insights, working with business stakeholders throughout the organization, as well as analyzing and reporting financial metrics to inform strategic decisions. This role collaborates with The Office of Population Health Analytics Team to support the organization’s goal of developing data-driven analytic tools and capabilities.
- Retrieve, summarize and analyze financial and healthcare data
- Build actuarial models to support multiple LOB, teams, and initiatives
- Develop financial projections that impact strategic decisions and plan management
- Support analysis around IBNR development, ad hoc projects, population health, and provider incentives
- Collaborate across teams and departments to accomplish strategic objectives and solve business problems
- Incorporate the use of data visualization software to help audience absorb data and identify emerging trends
- Strong communication skills
- Creative and analytic problem solver who can apply skills and knowledge to novel and nuanced business situations
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Actuarial Science, Economics, Computer Science or related field
- 2-4 years of experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of financial and accounting concepts as well as an extensive knowledge of spreadsheets and database software.
- Strong technical skills in using Microsoft Office products
- Well organized and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision on projects/tasks assigned
- Possess a collaborative attitude and work well with others
- Basic programming skills in SQL, SAS or R
- Experience using Tableau or other visualization software
- Advanced Excel ability including writing VBA macros
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.