Requisition #: 186350
Location: Johns Hopkins Health Care, Glen Burnie, MD 21060
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: July 19, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
This newly created role will play an integral role in JHHC’s high priority initiatives. The role will focus on helping JHHC drive success in the Medicare Advantage (MA) health plan Star Ratings program. The person in this role will be at the forefront in building out an integral analytics and a forecasting platform that will drive the strategy underlying JHHC’s Star Rating goals. Strong analytical and model building skills are essential as well as the ability to collaborate with several departments across JHHC.
- Create a financial model to calculate current and forecasted performance for each associated metric and report overall probabilities of year-end Star performance goals.
- Build reporting dashboards, progress trackers, scorecards and leadership summaries for Stars strategic focus and tracking
- Incorporate drill down capabilities into dashboards, including member duration, geography, and attributed providers
- Use empirical performance data to drive strategic prioritization and ranking of STARs operational focus
- Develop expertise of the calculation of each STARs metric to inform data and reporting decisions
- Forecast CMS cut points and industry trends
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Actuarial Science, Economics, Computer Science or related field
- 4-7 years of experience, ASA preferred but not required
- Requires knowledge of financial and accounting concepts as well as an extensive knowledge of spreadsheets and database software
- Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision on projects/tasks assigned
- Well organized and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong technical skills in using Microsoft Office products
- Possess a collaborative attitude and work well with others
Other Preferred Skills
- Basic programming skills in SQL, SAS or R
- Experience using Tableau or other visualization software
- Advanced Excel ability including writing VBA macros
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.