Actuarial Consultant - Revenue Management Lead
Requisition #: 186353
Location: Johns Hopkins Health Care, Glen Burnie, MD 21060
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: July 19, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Actuarial Consultant will report through the Director of Actuarial services as part of the JHHC Health Economics & Actuarial Team (HEAT). HEAT is part of the JHHC Finance department and is a center of financial analytic activity that will range from valuing IBNR to developing claims projections and revenue forecasts to statistical analysis and financial modeling. Key responsibilities include analyzing financial data, working with external and third party data and vendors to draw actionable business insights, working with business stakeholders throughout the organization, as well as analyzing and reporting financial metrics to inform strategic decisions. This role collaborates with a team of actuaries to support the organization’s goal of developing data-driven analytic tools and capabilities.
- Evaluation, testing, and validation of external software that calculates Medicare Advantage risk scores, identifies suspects and projects revenue
- Build reporting dashboards, progress trackers, scorecards and leadership summaries for revenue initiatives on all LOB
- Incorporate drill down capabilities into dashboards, including: member duration, geography, and attributed providers
- Incorporation of HCC coding suspects into analytics, forecasts and reporting for all revenue initiatives
- Estimate financial accruals, forecasting and sensitivity analysis around revenue management activities
- Develop logic for member targeting, stratification for retrospective chart reviews
- Manage a small team of analysts
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Actuarial Science, Economics, Computer Science or related field
- 4-7 years of experience, ASA preferred but not required
- Requires knowledge of financial and accounting concepts as well as an extensive knowledge of spreadsheets and database software
- Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision on projects/tasks assigned
- Well organized and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong technical skills in using Microsoft Office products
- Possess a collaborative attitude and work well with others
Other Preferred Skills
- Basic programming skills in SQL, SAS or R
- Experience using Tableau or other visualization software
- Advanced Excel ability including writing VBA macros
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.