Requisition #: 188777
Location: Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20001
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Limited (20 - 29)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: June 20, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Acupuncturist provides acupuncture services within the scope of practice outlined by Acupuncture Board of District of Columbia. The acupuncturist ensures the efficient and safe day-to-day operation of the clinic. The acupuncturist ensures the patients have a good experience by presenting a competent image and carrying out the department’s commitment to excellence in customer service.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Master’s degree in Acupuncture, Chinese Medicine, or Oriental Medicine from an American program accredited by the Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (CCAOM), or approved foreign equivalent.
- All hires must be certified and be Diplomats of Acupuncture (Dipl. A.c.) and Chinese Herbology (Dipl. C.H.) OR Diplomats of Oriental Medicine (Dipl. OM) by the NCCAOM.
- Licensed by the DC Board of Acupuncture to practice acupuncture in the District of Columbia.
- Maintain continuing education as required by the Board of Acupuncture to maintain one’s license and national board certification.
- CPR certification.
- Requirement of having experience treating oncology patients.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have clinical experience treating a wide range of health concerns.
- Prior to being hired and able to work, the Johns Hopkins Medical Staff Credentialing Office must credential Acupuncturists as Affiliate Medical Staff.
- Minimum of 5 years’ clinical experience required or at least one year if hold doctorate.
Sibley Memorial Hospital provides a smoke-free workplace.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.