NP - Acute Care Nurse Practitioner - Urology Inpatient
Requisition #: 317787
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Jan. 8, 2021
The Johns Hopkins Hospital Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (NP) Inpatient Urology.
The Nurse Practitioner practices within the guidelines of the unit department, and institution and in accordance with the Nurse Practitioner- Physician Written Agreement required and approved by the State of Maryland. You will function in a Nurse Practitioner Associate role until credentialed by The Johns Hopkins Hospital medical board and staff privileges are granted.
Shifts: 8 hour days; 8:30-5pm; no weekends
- MSN/DNP from an accredited nursing program required.
- Active Maryland or Compact RN and CRNP license are required
- Current certifications as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner in the State of Maryland or letter from MBON approving practice as a Nurse Practitioner Graduate while awaiting completing of JHH affiliate credentialing as a Nurse Practitioner.
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
- The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of acute care RN work experience
- RN work experience in acute care surgical patients is preferred.
- No NP work experience required
***If you will be ordering or referring items or services for Medicare beneficiaries and you do not already have an enrollment record in the Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership Systems (PECOS), you will need to submit an enrollment application to Medicare to be eligible for employment.
Join The Johns Hopkins Hospital Advanced Practice Team and become part of a patient centered collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated, academic medical facility. Our NPs are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.