Nurse Practitioner - Surgery
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Advanced Practice Providers
- Day Shift
Johns Hopkins Hospital is a renowned healthcare institution dedicated to excellence in patient care, research, and education. Our Surgical Department is a leader in cancer treatment, providing advanced surgical interventions and compassionate care to patients facing cancer.
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Nurse Practitioner (AGNP/FNP) to join our Surgical team in a ambulatory setting at Johns Hopkins Hospital. In this role, you will play a vital role in the care of cancer patients by providing advanced clinical care, surgical support, and expertise in the management of post-operative patients.
- Collaborate with surgical oncologists and multidisciplinary teams in the care of cancer patients.
- Manage the care of post-operative surgical oncology patients, including wound care, pain management, and treatment of complications.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments and develop individualized care plans for patients undergoing surgical procedures.
- Provide education and support to patients and their families regarding surgical procedures, recovery, and follow-up care.
- Participate in daily rounds and contribute to treatment planning meetings and tumor boards.
- Assist with invasive procedures and interventions as required.
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals to optimize patient outcomes.
- Contribute to research initiatives and clinical trials in surgical oncology.
- Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited program.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) and Nurse Practitioner (NP) licensure in the state of Maryland.
- Family Nurse, Adult-Geriatirc Practitioner certification.
- Previous experience in surgical oncology or acute care setting strongly preferred.
- Strong clinical assessment and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Commitment to delivering compassionate care to cancer patients.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional development and continuing education.
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities and resources for patient care and research.
- On-site childcare and wellness programs.
- Collaboration with renowned experts in the field of surgical oncology.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume, cover letter, and professional references through our online application portal.
Johns Hopkins Hospital is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to fostering diversity and inclusion in our workplace.