Requisition #: 402245
Location: Howard County General Hospital, Columbia, MD 21044
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Sept. 22, 2021
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 402245
Location: 11065 Little Patuxent Parkway Suite 150, Columbia, MD 21044
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift; 8:30am - 5:00pm
The Administrative Assistant performs administrative functions to support the success of the Claudia Mayer/Tina Broccolino Cancer Resource Center (CM/TB CRC), Volunteer Services and Spiritual Care and Chaplaincy. This includes but is not limited to engaging visitors and volunteers, providing accurate and consistent information on programs and services, coordinating meeting space, registering participants and handling other logistical details. It may also be necessary to contact partners outside the department to resolve issues and to collaborate on work procedures. This role will work seamlessly between departments and programs, and functions as a key resource within the hospital.
Associates degree in Business Administration or other related field required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Minimum of two (2) years of office experience.
- Basic knowledge of medical issues for Physician Referral is a plus.
- Ability to perform multiple administrative tasks in a busy office setting.
- Ability to collect, verify and organize data with high degree of accuracy.
- Requires keyboarding skill of a minimum of 50 wpm.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and the internet.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Publisher preferred.
- Ability to engage with persons and groups with diverse cultural and religious backgrounds and interact professional with clients on the phone and in person
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.