Administrative Assistant (Medical Oncology)
Requisition #: 421003
Location: Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20016
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Sept. 24, 2021
This role is dedicated to creating a positive first impression for appointments in Medical Oncology at Sibley. The goal is to provide a warm welcome to all who seek care. The Administrative Assistant is vital in providing safe and efficient daily operations of the Front Desk in addition to performing secretarial duties. The role also includes accessing hospital information systems via the computer and completing patient registration; triaging telephone calls appropriately; obtaining medical records to facilitate patient appointments; scheduling a variety of appointments. It is expected that confidential information will be handled in accordance with hospital policy and HIPAA guidelines.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High school level of education, PC experience required.
- At least 2 years of experience in scheduling patients at ambulatory practice, preferred.
- Scheduling in Epic EMR, preferred.
- Have experience working at oncology/cancer centers, preferred.
- Previous experience working in a health care setting to include medical terminology and familiarity with oncology preferred, or any combination of education and experience to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must be certified in CPR or obtain certification within 30 days of employment.
Sibley Memorial Hospital provides a smoke-free workplace.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.