Administrative Assistant -Radiation Oncology
Requisition #: 2646
Location: Johns Hopkins Intrastaff, Washington, DC 20001
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Week: Temporary Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: July 1, 2022
Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it's one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
Sibley Memorial Hospital
Monday - Friday
9:00AM - 5:30PM
- Insures the efficient and safe day-to-day operation of the Front Desk area and performs Secretarial duties as required for the Cancer Center.
- Performs a variety of skilled and complex clerical functions using a computer and the Hospital Information System.
- Receives telephone calls, refers caller to the appropriate department or staff member.
- Obtains outside medical information appropriate for the patient's procedure/visit.
- Schedules patients for various procedures. Processes patient information and registers in the hospital system.
- Ability to interpret physician/patient inquiries and take action to satisfy request.
- Deals with confidential information in accordance with hospital policy and HIPAA guidelines
High School Level of Education
PC Expereince REQUIRED
Previous experience working in a health care setting to include medical terminology preferred
Mosaic Radiation software
Some microsoft office skills
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.