Administrative Assistant - Radiology (22.5 hrs)
Requisition #: 196844
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Limited (20 - 29)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Oct. 15, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to functional managers. Employees that are successful in this role possess strong communication skills, high attention to detail, and can be relied upon for dependable and consistent work output. The Administrative Assistant is expected to be knowledgeable of the department’s practices and work processes to provide internal clerical support and assistance while interacting externally.
**This position has hours of 4:30 pm to 9:00 pm**
- Assist department management by performing administrative procedures to generate efficiency of process and results
- Enforce and ensure adherence to administrative processes, practices and operations so that a consistent standard of support is delivered across the hospital
- Assist with electronic word processing, data entry, filing, and other clerical tasks to maintain an organized work flow and access to information
- Help to maintain and update departmental documents, policies, organization charts, and employee directory to ensure materials are current
- Schedule meetings and maintain department meeting/monthly schedules and agendas to ensure on-time and productive meetings
- Participate in meetings, programs, and activities to ensure agendas are followed and action items are recorded and communicated
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3 years as an Administrative Assistant/Secretarial experience
- Proficiency in Windows, XP, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent writing, grammar, spelling and communication skills
- __X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of twenty-five (25) pounds without assistance
- __X__ Category 2: Job classification is not exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
- Traditional office environment
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.