Admission and Registration Supervisor
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Evening Shift
The Admission and Registration Supervisor will work within our Admissions and Registration Dept. to ensure all patients are registered/admitted with current and accurate information so that all patients’ medical records and bills are able to be handles smoothly and accurately.
The Admission and Registration Supervisor is primarily responsible for supervising, training, and motivating team members within the registration/admitting team
- Supervise complex multi-payer insurance verification and benefits eligibility procedures for multiple specialty areas across several JHH entities
- Daily census validation to assure accurate reporting of census data for and to the NDMD (National Disaster Management drills) and the HSCRC (Heath Services Cost Review Commission) supervising of the bed management to assure all admissions processes and procedures are adhered to
- Trains and coaches the Admitting staff
- monitors activity for quality and productivity
- Analyzes, develops and produces agent feedback and management reports
- Conducts quality audits
- Ensures sufficient staffing levels for twenty-four/seven operations
- Full time, 40 hours per week
- 7a – 3:30p, Mon. – Fri.
Johns Hopkins Hospital
1800 Orleans St., Baltimore, MD
- A.A. Degree or 7 years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting involving customer service and have been involved in the registration and admission functions
- Basic working knowledge of payer’s billing and collection process
- Technical competence and demonstrated proficiency with medical insurance plans, billing regulations and managed care plans, applicable to inpatient care
- Familiar with multiple payer’s insurance verification and pre-certification guidelines
Please review our wonderful benefits package that include full medical, dental, and vision plans as well as tuition reimbursement for you and your dependents at https://jhh.mybenefitsjhhs.com/
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.