Admissions Team Lead
Requisition #: 189724
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: July 12, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Admissions Team Leader is responsible for supporting all administrative and registration components for the EC Registration Supervisor and the Admissions Manager. Assists with the implementation of new policies and procedures set forth by the Admissions Management team. Acts as a liaison between management and staff. Conducts audit reviews of registrations to ensure accuracy and proper reimbursement from managed care providers. Reports audit results to management. Assist in the training of staff members. Aids management in determining proper staffing levels and coverage. This position is also responsible for all aspects of the Admissions Coordinator position.
- Conducts daily audits of registrations within the department and provides adequate feedback to staff and management in order to identify any training needs
- Directly communicates with staff in a positive manner to create an encouraging environment
- Coordinates with management on staffing needs with regards to scheduling matters as related to call outs or tardiness of other staff members
- Gathers, validates, and documents the required registration data; obtains all required forms and signatures to properly identify the legal guardian and insurance plans
- Verifies and documents eligibility and benefits for all third party payers to ensure proper reimbursement for services
- Obtains complete and accurate demographic and billing information by identifying the correct insurance plan and subscriber information to ensure proper reimbursement for services
- Resolves all patients’ financial issues, including arrangement for patient responsibility, i.e. state or federal programs, self-pay, or payment plan, to ensure proper reimbursement for services
- Accurately interprets insurance verification in order to communicate benefit information to the responsible party for point of service collections
- Provides an excellent patient-centered experience to physicians, coworkers, patients and families and all other internal and external customers
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years’ experience in insurance verification and interpretation, billing and collections, comprehensive understanding of managed care contracts
- 3 years of healthcare experience working for a health plan, physician practice, surgery center or hospital setting
- Knowledge of county, state, and federal programs such as Medicaid and Medicare
- __X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of twenty-five (25) pounds without assistance
- __X__ Category 2: Job classification is not exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
- Traditional office setting
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.