Advance Practice Registered Nurse/Physician Assistant (APRN/PA) CVICU (FT, 12hr shifts)
Requisition #: 187522
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: June 2, 2019
APRN/PA Critical Care - CVICU, Full time
Provides patient centered, specialized, evidence based nursing care across the continuum through an inter-professional approach to treatment, research, education and advocacy. ARNP's and PA's are board-certified providers that assume responsibility and accountability for health stabilization, promotion, and maintenance of acute and chronic illness or injury. ARNP's contributes to the goals of the department by being accountable for the delivery of compassionate and safe care within the scope of practice as defined by the Florida Board of Nursing and JHACH policy.
PA's assume responsibility and accountability for health stabilization, promotion, and maintenance of acute and chronic illness or injury under the supervision of a physician. Through collaborative practice with all members of the care team, this role is responsible for patient outcomes that meet the high quality of care provided by JHACH..
I. Evaluates the health condition of patients in providing safe, comprehensive clinical care
2. Application of evidence based medicine pertinent to patients and their families to improve outcomes
3. Advances the knowledge of the inter-professional team through leading training and development programs to improve healthcare delivery and patient outcomes
4. Continuously evaluates the relationships among access. cost, quality, safety and their influence on healthcare outcomes
5. Provides leadership in the translation of new knowledge and evidence based care into practice
6. Constant consideration of developmental level of patients when translating health information to support positive health outcomes.
7. The APRN or PA demonstrates understanding of internal and external APRN or PA practice rules, regulations and legislation to maintain compliance and certification.
8. Serves as an advocate for the needs of the patients across the health care continuum ensuring the best patient/family experience and to advance pediatric health throughout the community we serve.
9. Integrates ethical principles in decision making.
• Current Florida State Licensure as ARNP or Physician Assistant
• Clinical Master's Degree in Nursing or DNP for ARNPs or Clinical Master's Degree Physician Assistant
• Current BLS and/ or PALS
• Current National Certification as a: Pediatric Nurse Practitioner-Acute Care, Physician Assistant
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.