Ambulatory Infusion Per Visit Nurse
Requisition #: 321743
Location: Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, Baltimore, MD 21224
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Dec. 21, 2021
Delivers safe, therapeutic patient care through use of the nursing process. Provides intermittent, skilled services to a group of patients with guidance from the interdisciplinary team and under the direction of nursing leadership. Provides complete holistic assessments for patients with focused assessments involving IV access care, patient specific nursing treatments and education for both the patient and family. Employs the concepts of evidence based practice and an interdisciplinary approach in all aspects of a patient's plan of care. Complies with all Johns Hopkins Home Care Group policies and procedures and maintains practice within the Maryland Nurse Practice Act.
- BSN required or matriculating to a BSN degree or higher within 2 years of hire
- Knowledge and understanding of Enteral and Parenteral nutrition including care for Feeding tubes.
- Knowledge and understanding of Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA) infusion via IV and SC routes.
- Knowledge and understanding of vascular system and its interrelatedness to other body systems.
- Proficiency in:
- Starting/maintaining patency of peripheral IV's.
- Knowledge of and ability to care for central venous access devices (CVAD).
- Obtaining blood specimens from peripheral sticks and CVAD
- Knowledge of JCAHO, Federal, and State regulatory standards
- Knowledge and understanding of Medication Management including administration of IV Medications, Side effects, and Anaphylaxis management.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work autonomously.
- Organized approach to work and time management.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with varied persons including patients, families, home care staff, physicians and administrators.
- Ability to apply principles of teaching and learning to ensure patient and/or caregiver demonstrate skills and knowledge to safely and independently infuse medications and care for IV access.
- Safe, competent and therapeutic hands-on nursing skills required.
- A high degree of flexibility and the ability to establish priorities.
- Ability to ensure confidentiality of patient information.
- Ability to start Peripheral IV lines
- Ability to care and assess Peripheral, and Central lines including Tunneled and Non-Tunneled catheters.
Required Licensure, Certification, etc.:
- Current and unrestricted RN licensure in state of practice
- Current BLS certification
- Minimum of two years hospital experience as a practicing nurse. (ICU or specialty unit preferred)
- Infusion nursing experience preferred but not required
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.