Ambulatory Operations Manager - OB/GYN & Maternal Fetal Medicine
Requisition #: 191140
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Aug. 22, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
At Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital located in St. Petersburg, FL, we offer first-class pediatric care, along with the best lifestyle anyone could imagine. In the heart of Tampa Bay our main campus and state-of-the-art facility is located in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida and just minutes from restaurants, beautiful beaches, sports arenas and a multitude of family activities.
We are committed to cultivating, nurturing and hiring the best talent for our organization and believe every person makes a difference in the lives of our patients and their families. As you’ll see, we take our work and our fun very seriously. We think you're going to love it here.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Ambulatory Operations Manager is accountable to oversee daily operations of their assigned area and any associated support services. Assures the department implement the strategies, policies, work plans and actions necessary to achieve improved and sustained patient experience and patient outcome metrics. Responsible for the direction and coordination of several business office operations. Manages designated operational personnel and coordinates customer service activities located across multiple sites. Provides regular support for staff, physicians, and Insititue leadership with a goal to optimize customer service and patient experience. Assists the Regional Director and Sr. Director of Ambulatory to ensure efficient front-office operations, establish goals and enhance financial performance.
- Acts as a liaison between Ambulatory and the Institutes and Departments at JHACH.
- Upholds and models mission, vision and values. Promotes their integration across multiple different clinic and location areas and ensures team members are engaged and understand their connection to our success.
- Through subordinate supervisors, ensures team members are aware of customer service expectations as evidenced by their solid and consistent interpersonal interactions with peers and both internal and external customers.
- Implements work flow processes across assigned clinics and locations ensure consistent service delivery, quality patient outcomes and overall patient, provider and team member satisfaction. Makes adjustments to processes according to business needs. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Responsible for the direction and coordination of several business office operations. Oversees multiple site supervisors who support services and resources assigned to the department’s business operations. Has oversight and responsibility for supervisors across multiple clinic locations, who are accountable to practice processes through maintainance of templates, monitoring of key indicators through a dashboard and ensuring seemless operations. Accomplishes human resources management objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees. Communicates job expectations; plans, monitors, appraises, and reviews job contributions. Enforces policies and procedures. Ensures sites are adequately staffed. Plans and reviews compensation actions and manages payroll records and costs.
- Coordinates activities and ensures continual compliance with regulatory standards (i.e. TJC, CMS, AHCA, etc.).
- Provides input to the annual budget and operates within the boundaries of an established budget.
- Operationalizes new locations, new services, new practices, according to business model need and strategic goals.
- Acts as an active partner in developing metrics and measurement tools to document progress towards achieving triple aim (e.g. improving patient experience through quality and safety, improving assigned population's outcomes and reducing overall healthcare cost).
- Bachelor’s degree in health care related field is required.
- 5 years administrative or operations experience in an outpatient care setting.
- 3 years supervisory experience with the ability to manage multiple locations through subordinate supervisors.
- Proficiency with computer skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with all different levels of leadership in the organization, as well as with patients and families.
- __x__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of twenty-five (25) pounds without assistance.
- _____ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of Fifty (50) pounds without assistance.
- _____ Category 1: Job classification is exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties.
- __x__ Category 2: Job classification is not exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties.
- Uses computers throughout the work day.
- Hazardous Materials: Probable contact. See department specific M.S.D.S.
- Work hours subject to patient care needs and administrative program changes and may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Travel to assigned JHACH Outpatient Care Centers is required.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.