Analytic Specialist Health Informatics
Requisition #: 187327
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: May 23, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
Responsible for creating and executing analytic models and business intelligence informatics in creation of metrics and dashboards for operational, clinical, research and/or quality improvement end user needs. Develops reports and dashboards that are timely, relevant, reliable and predictive in nature. Ensures consistency and accuracy of analytics ecosystems across multiple platforms.
- Transforms complex information into simple and effective communications targeted to organization leaders and colleagues
- Assists in providing direction and feedback to ensure database designs/queries result in accurate information and reporting
- Provides integrated analytical solutions across customers and channels, contributing to analytic action plans.
- Creates dashboards which visually display various business intelligence queries
- Writes code, alters existing code, analyzes existing systems, and explores new systems to ensure adequate tracking is consistently available for reports to leadership and executive team
- Enhances professional growth to remain current on market trends, emerging analytic solutions, and advances in informatics
- Bachelor’s degree in Informatics, Business, Engineering, or related field
- 3 years of experience in analytics, business intelligence analysis and/or database development
- Experience with Electronic Health Record systems analysis, workflow process analysis, data warehouse support analytics, and/or application systems with application of these skills in the health care environment
- Computer skills including proficient knowledge of full Microsoft Office Suite
- __X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of twenty-five (25) pounds without assistance
- __X__ Category 2: Job classification is not exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
- Normally works in climate controlled office environment
- Frequent sitting with movement throughout office space
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.