Requisition #: 252763
Location: Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20001
Category: Nursing Support/Patient Care
Work Shift: Evening Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: June 8, 2020
Prepares the anesthesia machines, ventilators, monitoring equipment, and related anesthesia support equipment for the physician's use. This individual will assure that all anesthesia machines and monitoring and related equipment are properly maintained in all anesthetizing areas. This will involve communication and interface with the biomedical department as well as factory service representatives. In the immediate presence of the Anesthesiologist and with the approval of the Chairman, Department of Anesthesiology may: Assist the physician with the placement of central venous catheters; may insert intravenous catheters and arterial lines as directed; provide assistance in establishing regional anesthesia; assist an anesthesiologist in assembling and applying monitors to patients, assist an anesthesiologist or nursing personnel in moving or positioning patients.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Must be an experienced Anesthesia Technician with minimum 2 years’ experience in a perioperative setting
- American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians certification required.
- Experience with insertion of CV, IV, and arterial lines preferred. Maintenance/calibration of anesthesia and monitoring equipment experience required.
- Certification in first level preventive maintenance for anesthesia machines preferred on hire or obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Current CPR Certification required.
Sibley Memorial Hospital provides a smoke-free workplace.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.