Assistant Director IT & Business Intelligence
Requisition #: 196736
Location: Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, Baltimore, MD 21224
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Feb. 25, 2020
Johns Hopkins Home Care Group is always looking for talented, compassionate and committed professionals to join our team in a variety of roles. We offer a range of clinical job opportunities, including pediatric, adult and infusion nursing; physical, occupational and respiratory therapy; and pharmacy, as well as administrative positions responsible for coordinating patient care, equipment delivery and insurance billing.
Employees with Johns Hopkins Home Care Group can access a host of valuable benefits, including competitive salary and wages, health and dental insurance, tuition reimbursement, and educational and career enrichment opportunities.
Reports to JHHCG Senior Director and is responsible for the work activities of a group of software application admins and analytics staff. Reviews work for completeness and technical accuracy. Participates in project planning to ensure effect use of technology to meet customers’ needs. Allocates resources to accomplish goals and objectives through assigned staff. Establishes and monitors project schedules and ensures adherence to work deadlines. Provides leadership, motivation, and direction to staff, builds teamwork, and fosters staff cohesion. Selects, trains, and evaluates staff. Works on multiple, complex projects. May be responsible for project budgets depending on scope of project. Participates in long range strategy and infrastructure planning for department. Provides technical advice to the senior management.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in IT or related field is required (such as information systems, business administration, etc.). A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 10 years of experience with computer systems and applications, as well as a minimum of 5 years in planning and managing projects.
- Minimum 10 years hands-on development experience with data and system infrastructure.
- General understanding of the work flows in clinical or healthcare business operations or business intelligence tools.
- Prior hands on experience consuming large amount of data from diverse systems and analyzing it.
- Experience in managing system administrators as well as conducting performance reviews.
- Must be able to excel in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities where ambiguity can be high.
- EPIC Clarity and/or EPIC Data Warehouse certified or ability to obtain a certification within 12 months of hire date is required.
- Plan, monitor, measure, and report on Information Systems projects.
- Evaluate vendor system packages, preparing/utilizing request for proposals.
- Control staff resource allocation and budget resources within small to large computer systems environments.
- Broad knowledge of health services applications and demonstrated knowledge of SDLC and hardware platforms.
- Familiar with operational performance improvement principles and techniques.
- EDW, Epic Clarity, and Relational Databases SQL query techniques.
- Clinical and business operations with understanding of workflows in healthcare environment, and associated systems typically utilized to capture data.
- Knowledge of current healthcare environments preferred.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.