Assistant Nurse Manager: Hematologic Malignancy & Hematology IMC - Oncology (Weinberg 5A/B)
Requisition #: 172783
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Aug. 4, 2018
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Baltimore, MD - The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Assistant Nurse Manager - Oncology (Hematologic Malignancies & Hematology IMC)
The Assistant Nurse Manager - Oncology is responsible for:
- Managing the daily operations of the nursing units such as staffing, personnel management, environmental monitoring, performance improvement and risk management.
- Assuring that short-term problems are satisfactorily handled.
- Mentoring and managing others to promote quality, safety, and excellence in clinical care.
- Promoting and identifying quality improvement initiatives (clinical, financial, operational) that are aligned with departmental and organizational safety and operational goals.
- Indentifying methods to promote cost-effective use of resources.
- Works collaboratively with, and provides leadership for, a multidisciplinary health care team to optimize team performance and patient outcomes.
This position communicates regularly with the Nurse Manager so that the Nurse Manager can be aware of trends for longer term problem solving. May assume unit management functions as designated by the Nurse Manager
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing
- Registered Nurse License
- Minimum 5 years clinical experience to include progressive leadership experience
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.