Assistant Nurse Manager: Wilmer Opthalmology Bendann OR
Requisition #: 190327
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: July 30, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
Assistant Nurse Manager
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Join the Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated, academic medical facility. Johns Hopkins nurses are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
The Assistnat Nurse Manager of Wilmer Ophthalmology (Wilmer Opthalmology Bendann Unit) requires five years of experience as a Registered Nurse and a minimum of three years supervisory experience on a related unit. Requires Master of Science Degree in Nursing. The Nurse Manager communicates regularly with a multi-disciplinary team so that they are aware of trends for long term problem solving.
Will assume management responsibilities such as:
- Personnel processes including staffing vacancies, personnel management, payroll practices, and performance review processes, and risk management
- Mentoring and managing others to promote quality, safety, and excellence in clinical care.
- Assuring that short-term problems are satisfactorily handled.
- Promoting and identifying quality improvement initiatives (clinical, financial, operational) that are aligned with departmental and organizational safety and operational goals.
- Identifying methods to promote cost-effective use of resources. Managing revenue and expense components of the unit budget.
- Works collaboratively with, and provides leadership for, a multidisciplinary health care team to optimize team performance and patient outcomes.
- Effective knowledge Hospital policy and procedures; Regulatory Standards
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.