Associate Client Specialist-Client Technology Solutions
Requisition #: 186152
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: May 22, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
General Position Summary:
The primary role of the Associate Client Specialist (CS) is to provide entry-level assistance to the group and its members to support computer hardware and various software installations, incident resolution, and upgrades according to JHH standards and guidelines. Utilizes the Helpdesk ticketing system to track work time and document efforts on all tickets in the queue. Manage and maintain individual work queue as well as contribute to overall management of group queue, communicate via e-mail and voicemail messages in a timely manner. Ensures that processes and documentation is kept up-to-date. Assists with software deployments and upgrades as directed by the senior members of the team, Manager and/or Director. Performs hardware moves in a timely manner. With direct supervision, provides support on specific projects that may include a specific set of peripherals or hardware such as printers, PDAs, carts as well as helping with on-going preventive maintenance. Maintains skill levels of current technology by using the educational resources to keep abreast of new developments in hardware and software advancements.
Works under guidance and direction. Once priorities are set, perform tasks with regular process updates. Participate in segments of the lifecycle of projects. Device management complexity is typically entry level. Build and maintain relationships through positive interactions. Demonstrates ability to provide good customer service. Tasks are simple in nature (i.e., working with single devices or device types, or simple software, or handling one customer at a time).
The responsibilities listed below are typical examples of the work performed by this position. Not all duties assigned to this position are included, nor is it expected that everyone in this position will be assigned every job responsibility.
ANALYSIS and DESIGN
- With direction and guidance, evaluate customer needs in the computing device environment (e.g., desktop, mobile devices, etc.) by meeting with the customer to gather information on business problems
- Install software utilities for computing device management such as printer setup utilities, font downloading utilities and batch files and for automated installation of software on computing devices by using established toolsets.
INSTALL, CONFIGURE, MAINTAIN
- Under guidance, deliver, move, and physically install all computing devices and related software including peripherals, operating systems, standard software and vendor software according to documented procedures.
- With assistance, maintain device and software inventories, by performing preventive maintenance according to documentation and standards, and by repairing and replacing devices as needed.
- Participate in testing of equipment and software and provide feedback for inclusion in documentation.
- Uses base knowledge of client infrastructure components (Enterprise Client Image, Infoblox, SCCM, Active Directory, Casper, Airwatch, Microsoft InTune, and etc).
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems.
- Follow established procedures for problem reporting and resolution.
- Keep current on supported technologies.
- Using established protocols, communicate to departmental customers and/or organizational systems about updates, installations, etc.
- Accurately update resolution and time spent on tickets/service requests so that performance data can be tracked and maintained. Identify tickets for inclusion into Knowledge Base.
- Provide technical support in the use of computing devices, software products, and operations.
- Complete service requests as assigned.
- Work with LAN Administrators to help with the implementation of major projects.
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED.
JHH: Related experience beyond minimum training experience qualifications may substitute for formal education requirement on a two years experience-for-one year education basis.
Required Experience: Some experience with computing devices and Operating systems.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Knowledge in the assigned IT environments. At least six months of related experience in a paid or unpaid internship position.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Demonstrate critical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Ability to work on assignments according to set priorities.
- Ability to execute assigned project tasks within established schedule.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the service of users and colleagues.
- Write and communicate clearly and concisely.
- Possess sound documentation skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.