Associate, JHM Business Development, Planning and Analysis
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Day Shift
Johns Hopkins Medicine created the Office of Business Development, Planning, and Analysis (JHM Bus Dev) to establish a centralized business development, business planning, and financial analysis function that partners with JHM executives, clinical, and administrative leaders to identify, lead, and/or support strategic enterprise and entity growth, business development (internal or external), business transformation, and other ad hoc business and financial analysis activities. In alignment with the tripartite mission and institutional standards of excellence, JHM Bus Dev focuses on institutional priorities across Johns Hopkins Medicine in support of enterprise growth and business development initiatives that includes:
- Strategic capital investments for new clinical programs and health system expansion
- Creating new sources of revenue or business models in support of care delivery innovation
- Supporting business transactions and due diligence related to collaborations and affiliations, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, and other strategic relationships
- Serving as a centralized platform for simple-to-complex business and financial modeling and planning with a special emphasis on data and business analysis, risk considerations, strategy implementation, negotiations, and multi-stakeholder/cross-functional coordination and alignment.
The Associate will work on business and financial analysis projects with a range of experts across Johns Hopkins, from executives to clinical leaders to technical and administrative staff. Associates will gather and analyze financial information, budgets, and identify trends and explain operational and financial impacts. Support the development of detailed reports, memorandums, and presentations for review by all levels of management. Partner with teammates to tackle ambiguous problems and take action to solve them, and develop a wide range of operating and financial projections for the development of short-term and long-term business plans. Work on business development and project management activities by coordinating with individuals across Johns Hopkins, public and private sector companies including providers, technology companies, large employers, or other potential strategic partners.
- Supports project management and supports departmental and project team leadership.
- Works with others who perform similar work within the organizational unit and across other JHU and JHM affiliated entities.
- Work on business and financial analysis projects that supports clinical program and business development, strategic capital investment, performance assessments, and other business-oriented initiatives and transactions.
- Analyze and synthesize information and data from various sources such as financial statements, budgets, operational reports and metrics, claims reports, revenue cycle reports, costing reports, and annual reports.
- Supports development of financial and data analysis reports, memorandums, and business plans to present to management.
- Conduct research related to market benchmarks, planning assumptions, and financial projections when building financial models and analyzing data. Partner with project team to highlight key decisions, risks, and considerations for JHM when determining whether to proceed with an initiative.
- Work in matrixed project teams to conduct enterprise wide or service line financial, operational, market and partnership (internal or external) structure due-diligence on current and future clinical program and business development.
- Communicate effectively with all audiences by developing strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Develop personal leadership style and ways to demonstrate strong critical reasoning, stakeholder management, and influencing ability.
- Develop relationships and support team-oriented culture by demonstrating a strong work ethic and work inclusively with and through others across the organization.