Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Full Time/ 40 hrs./ week/ Day Shift (10:00 AM - 6:30 PM)
The successful candidate will be responsible for the general daily operations of food production in the patient services and retail areas. This is an ideal position for creative culinary innovators with a passion for food and diverse cuisines! Chef Manager also trains and directs kitchen personnel in preparing, cooking and serving food. Responsible for the scheduling, creation of daily job assignments for staff and ordering supplies as required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and manages budgets, estimates food consumption and requisition and purchases of food
- Ensures consistent food quality and attractive food presentation
- Trains staff on cooking skills, food safety procedures and culinary activities
- Selects and develops recipes
- Cook and preparation of food in cold and hot prep areas
- Provides Hands-on management and demonstration with cooks
- Develops schedules and assignments for staff
- Monitors the employee performance of cooks
- Provides catering department support
- Manages recipe compliance
- Prints production sheets
- Implements food waste program requirements including monitoring and measuring food waste
- Conducts quality assurance monitoring
- Responsible for adhering to sanitation and safety requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Food Management. (Combination of education and experience will be considered.)
- Minimum 3 years of previous supervisory experience in food service operation or applicable experience required.
- Hotel, restaurant or corporate dining setting preferred or experience in a high-volume, fast paced Kitchen preferred
- Serv-safe certification preferred.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must have experience with preparing and managing budgets, estimating food consumption and requisition and purchases of food
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.