Epic Application Coordinator III (ASAP)Apply
Johns Hopkins employs more than 20,000 people annually across our health system. When joining Johns Hopkins, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
The Application Coordinator III (ACIII) participates in the development and design of the application(s) for which the AC III is responsible and is required to gain an in-depth knowledge of the assigned Epic module(s).
1. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of computer systems, applications and applicable interfaces.
2. Demonstrates proficiency in all skills required to facilitate complex application and systems enhancements or replacements.
3. Analyzes and resolves complex system integration problems.
4. Creates pre--‐ and post--‐project benchmarking metrics.
5. Demonstrates an advanced understanding of the JHM clinical and/or business operations.
6. Demonstrates advanced proficiency in creating detailed documentation, including system design documentation, procedures, process and data flows, RFPs, project plans, and recommendations for system enhancements and replacements.
7. Communicates effectively with users, colleagues, developers, and organizational administration.
8. Provides estimates for moderate to complex work efforts.
9. Supports multiple concurrent projects and/or application modules, educates and coaches other team members, and manages user expectations.
10. Manages tasks, resources, and project plans for team assignments.
11. Requires specialized knowledge in a specific application/module/computer system.
Job Responsibilities include: Analysis and Design, Application Configuration/Development, Testing and Implementation Skills, and System Support
Required to complete and pass certification in assigned EPIC application module(s) within 120 days of employment in this role.
Baccalaureate degree, education or health related field with educational courses. Professional certification(s) and/or related experience beyond minimum training experience qualifications may substitute for formal education requirement on a two years experience-for-one year education basis.
• Three years operational experience in a clinical or healthcare business operations setting or three years experience in Information Technology.
• General understanding of the work flows in clinical or healthcare business operations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Experience with implementing clinical and/or healthcare business information systems in a large-scale and complex healthcare organization.
• Epic certification in the module(s) being represented.
• Experience in Epic installations.
• Knowledge of the current healthcare environment preferred.
• Experience in developing business and/or clinical workflows related to the assigned application module.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA's):
• Ability to handle analysis, design, system configuration and testing tasks at a medium to high level of complexity.
• Ability to incorporate policies, procedures, and specific clinical practice and/or business processing needs into information systems training
• Excellent customer service skills
• Highly effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality teamwork and education
• Strong organizational skills in managing multiple priorities
• Uses critical thinking skills regarding use of the clinical/business operations software applications
• Detailed understanding of clinical/business operations workflows and system configuration gained by participating in validation sessions with project team members and assisting in system design.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with proficiency in Microsoft Visio and Project desirable.
• Demonstrated expertise in technical design techniques for related software applications.
• Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles as they relate to managing timeline, budget and quality.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.