Epic e-Learning DeveloperApply
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
General Position Summary:
The e-Learning Developer, an Enterprise-level position, is responsible for designing, developing, testing, and evaluating educational courseware for information systems training. The e-Learning Developer works collaboratively with other members of the training team to develop the training program. This individual is certified in selected Epic applications and is responsible for:
- Developing and authoring e-learning and blended learning programs, web-based training, and asynchronous learning content
- Establishing working relationships with analysts, management, subject matter experts, trainers, and end users
- Developing instructional material and coordinating, writing, and editing educational content
- Understanding and interpreting clinical and non-clinical workflows, processes, and terminology in order to translate information into educationally sound training content
- Interfacing with instructional designer and principal trainers to design and test e-learning
- Incorporating current technology for educators developing specific curricula
- Evaluating and confirming learning objectives through ongoing needs assessment
Required Job Qualifications:
Education: Baccalaureate degree in a related instructional content, development, or delivery field. Professional certification(s) and/or related experience beyond minimum e-learning experience qualifications may substitute for formal education requirement on a two years experience-for-one year education basis.
Experience: Three years experience in developing e-learning and blended learning programs, web-based training, and asynchronous learning content in a technical business environment.
Certifications: Required to complete and pass certification in assigned EPIC application module(s) within 120 days of employment in this role.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Two or more years experience developing e-learning and blended learning programs, web-based training, and asynchronous learning content in a health care environment or a pharmaceutical, or biotech industry preferred
- Certifications in eLearning, Distance Learning, or Web-based Training highly preferred
- Experience in adult education/training in the healthcare industry preferred.
- Knowledge of the current healthcare environment preferred
- End user training experience in EPIC or other clinical/business operations information system preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Understanding of the paradigms that underpin the development of original and innovative technical training programs, instructor-led training materials, and self-paced learning content
- E-Learning and blended learning programming, web-based training development, and asynchronous learning content
- Knowledge and application of adult learning principles
- Ability to incorporate policies, procedures, and specific clinical practice and/or business processing needs into e-learning and blended learning programs
- Foundational knowledge of common instructional design models
- Excellent written and verbal English skills for the purposes of document development, curriculum development, editing, and communication. Fluency in English required.
- Proficiency in course authoring tools, including, but not limited to, Captivate, Flash, Photoshop, Audition, and Articulate Presenter.
- Proficiency in editing and manipulating images and illustrations
- Ability to develop movies/components of movies, create voiceovers and other audio components, and package presentations for rapid module deployment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – Word, PowerPoint, particularly as used in the development of instructional content
- Highly self-motivated and self-managed
- Ability to learn new development software rapidly and apply to instructional projects
- Ability to organize and work under strict time and production deadlines, while producing quality deliverables
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.