Epic Interfaces Analyst Developer CApply
Johns Hopkins employs more than 20,000 people annually across our health system. When joining Johns Hopkins, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
General Position Summary:
The Interfaces Analyst is responsible for the analysis, design and implementation of system to system interfaces including the integration of internal JHH applications and external linkages with other providers and customers. Solid Application Analyst skills; Adheres to defined processes in the implementation and support of systems integration solutions; Develops tactical and project plans to implement integrated departmental, enterprise and external applications solutions; Executes task assignments within established timeframes and complies with requirements for status reporting; Attains expert technical competency required to support integration projects deliverables and to support the integration environment; Provides expert knowledge of the JHH enterprise integration tools; Utilizes standards and procedures to insure uniform high quality in all projects.
- Demonstrates solid application analyst skills.
- Adheres to defined processes in the implementation and support of systems integration solutions.
- Develops tactical and project plans to implement integrated departmental, enterprise and external applications solutions.
- Executes task assignments within established timeframes and complies with requirements for status reporting.
- Attains expert technical competency required to support integration projects deliverables and to support the integration environment.
- Provides expert knowledge of the JHH enterprise integration tools.
- Utilizes standards and procedures to insure uniform high quality in all projects.
- Supports multiple concurrent work efforts, educates and coaches other team members, and
works with minimal supervision in support of team initiatives.
Required Job Qualifications:
Education: Baccalaureate degree, education or health related field with educational courses. Professional certification(s) and/or related experience
beyond minimum training experience qualifications may substitute for formal education requirement on a two years experience-for-one year education basis.
Certifications: Required to complete and pass certification in assigned EPIC application module(s) within 120 days of employment in this role.
- Two years operational experience in a clinical or healthcare business operations setting or two years experience in Information Technology.
- General understanding of the work flows in clinical or healthcare business operations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Knowledge of UNIX and relational databases is desirable.
- Ability to organize and lead specification meetings and design effective interfaces.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard integration messaging structures (Hl7, X-12 and others) and communication protocols.
- Ability to build interface implementation plans with detailed tasks and appropriate estimates.
- Experience implementing interfaces using HL7, X-12 or other standard for interfaces is preferred.
- Epic Bridges certification is a plus.
- Project management exposure is also a plus.
- Progressive experience in a healthcare environment is desired.
- Experience with implementing clinical and/or healthcare business information systems in a large-scale and complex healthcare organization.
- Epic certification in the module(s) being represented.
- Experience in Epic installations is a plus.
- Knowledge of the current healthcare environment preferred.
- Experience in developing business and/or clinical workflows related to the assigned application module.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvements for existing and new interfaces.
- Ability to write technical HL7 specifications.
- Ability to develop extensive test plans.
- Proficiency with interface engine technology is required (Sybase IMPACT, Cloverleaf, eGate, JCAPS, Rhapsody, OpenLink, Biztalk, etc).
- Must be detailed oriented, organized and have strong multitasking ability.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required for this role.
- Strong coordination, facilitation, consultation and conflict resolution skills.
- Understands how workflow decisions translate to application configurations.
- Must possess all requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities as posted in the supplemental section.
- Must demonstrate strong critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to execute assigned project tasks within established schedule.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the service of users and colleagues.
- Writes and speaks clearly and concisely.
- Possesses sound documentation skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate exemplary customer service skills.
- Ability to handle analysis, design, system configuration and testing tasks at a low to medium level of complexity.
- Ability to incorporate policies, procedures, and specific clinical practice and/or business processing needs into information systems training
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality teamwork and education
- Uses critical thinking skills regarding use of the clinical/business operations software applications
- Detailed understanding of clinical/business operations workflows and system configuration gained by participating in validation sessions with project team members and assisting in system design.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with proficiency in Microsoft Visio and Project desirable.
- Demonstrated expertise in technical design techniques for related software applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles as they relate to assigned tasks.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.