Epic Project Leader (Ambulatory)Apply
Johns Hopkins employs more than 20,000 people annually across our health system. When joining Johns Hopkins, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
Demonstrates specialized knowledge of and expertise in relevant computer systems, applications, interfaces and business processes to deliver highly complex solutions for systems and application problems. Position divides time between lead duties and analyst duties (generally on a 50/50 basis). Lead and provide direction to assigned staff (composed of IT Specialists, Programmer Analysts, Senior Programmer Analysts, Software Engineers, Senior Software Engineers and Application Coordinators) for all tasks by reviewing work for technical viability and for adherence to institutional standards and guidelines. Lead assigned staff to implement and integrate various departmental and enterprise wide application systems (packages and/or home grown) into the current environment or new environments; and to support production application systems (including but not limited to modification, and testing of new and/or upgraded applications, operating systems, file structures, hardware, communication devices, and productivity tools as well as performance of the application). Apply analysis techniques and procedures to gather and then translate business requirements into functional/technical specifications and designs. Using functional specifications and designs, produce all or part of the deliverables. Maintain databases and application system code.
Provide technical leadership based on extensive technical knowledge, skills and experience; influence clients towards innovative/integrated solutions. Analyzes and resolves highly complex system integration problems. Responsible for full life-cycle of large sized complex projects which can span an entire department, division, or enterprise-wide level. For enterprise-wide level, typical projects impact the broader customer base of Johns Hopkins and its most mission critical systems. Projects often require interaction with various departments and teams both within and outside the department. Build and maintain client relationships through positive interactions. (redundant to leadership responsibilities) For project work, lead diversified staff in various environments. Interface with senior level IT management, department heads, JHM personnel, vendors and consultants while leading projects. Accountable for project outcome. Must achieve balance between orchestrating work of others and doing technical work.
Certified in the appropriate Epic Application
Bachelor's degree required. Additional experience may be substituted for education.
Six years of related work experience with computer systems and applications.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Knowledge in the assigned application as well as the platform on which it runs.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA's):
1. Must possess all requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities as posted in the supplemental section.
2. Must demonstrate strong critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills.
3. Ability to work on multiple priorities effectively.
4. Ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
5. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
6. Ability to communicate effectively in the service of users and colleagues.
7. Ability to delegate tasks.
8. Ability influences others and garner buy in.
9. Ability to build effective teams to execute projects.
10. Strong decision making skills.
11. Writes and communicates clearly and concisely.
12. Possesses sound documentation skills.
13. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
14. Must demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
15. Demonstrated ability to establish and meet work schedules within limited time frames and under tight deadlines.
16. Willingness to work off hours as needed in support of changes to the computing environment
17. Proven success on meeting project deadlines and timelines.
18. Participates in the specification, design, implementation, and management of multiple projects
19. Strong technical skills.
20. Strong ability to understand complex business processes.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.