Epic Systems Development Manager (Ambulatory)Apply
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
General Position Summary: Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts. Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet assigned expectation. Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality and timeline issues appropriately. Coordinates any/all communication efforts to appropriate individuals. Team members will typically be assigned from other IT and business operations departments and functional experts from different areas.
This position has management responsibilities (e.g. hiring, firing, performance management) and completes projects through leadership of others for whom it has line responsibility.
Scope of applications or support may be for a specific application or multiple applications of Epic. Serves as liaison and representative to the Epic and JHM communities, work groups, and committees. Performs task analysis, long term and short term planning, and determining needs of the project and staff. Manages multiple applications through planning, scheduling, assigning, coordinating and reviewing tasks performed by staff.
Responsible for managing the Epic project tasks in particular application area(s). These tasks are moderately complex to highly complex.
Negotiates with clients and vendors to deliver projects and tasks within mutually agreed upon deadlines.
- Seven years experience with appropriate computer systems and applications, as well as operational experience in a clinical or healthcare business field.
- Three years of supervisory/managerial experience
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Masters preferred
- PMP preferred
- Working knowledge of MSProject is strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Ability to establish and meet work schedules and project deadlines.
- Ability to work with diverse personalities and conflicting priorities to implement projects and tasks.
- Demonstrated expertise in project management and successful project implementations.
- Strong understanding of the application from Epic training
- Ability to delegate tasks to direct and indirect reports
- Ability to help resolve complex problems by providing their own expertise as well as leverage corporate or external expertise.
- Advanced interpersonal skills to effectively interface with department heads, University, Hospital and Health System personnel, vendors, consultants, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with staff.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.