Programmer Analyst-Solutions CenterApply
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The position supports the IT@JH Solutions Center and its customers. The Solutions Center provides customer facing interaction to promote service excellence when delivering IT services. Those services include:
- Design and support of our ITSM platform to improve IT service delivery thru automation and process improvement to include Service Catalogs, Service request processes and provisioning services..
- Support of our Incident, Change and Knowledge systems, project management, metrics tracking/reporting
The person filling this position will play an integral role in assessing the needs of the Solution Center, its customers, and partners and further designing, building, and supporting any proposed solution. The position requires knowledge of object-oriented scripting languages, common relational databases, and webservice protocols as well project management best practices.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience w/Mulesoft/AnyPoint Studio
- Experience w/ServiceNow
- Bachelor's in one of (in order of preference) Web Development, Web Design, Computer Science and Computer Information Systems
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA's):
1. Must possess all requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities as posted in the supplemental section.
2. Must demonstrate critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills.
3. Ability to work on multiple priorities effectively.
4. Ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
5. Ability to execute assigned project tasks within established schedule.
6. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
7. Ability to communicate effectively in the service of users and colleagues.
8. Writes and speaks clearly and concisely.
9. Possesses sound documentation skills.
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
11. Must demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.