Sr. Client Specialist-Client Technology SolutionsApply
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
General Position Summary:
The primary role of the Senior Client Specialist is to support existing hardware and various software installations and upgrades and to take the lead role on new implementations by working directly with the vendor and department director to develop task lists and update the IT Manager with daily/weekly status reports. It also includes the ability to resolve work orders and provide desktop support. Ensures that processes and documention is kept up-to-date. Ensures that departmental tickets are assigned and completed in a timely manner. Uses the incident ticketing system to track time and follow-up on all incidents assigned to the work queue. Manage and maintain tickets in the ticketing queue, reports unassigned tickets to IT manager, answers e-mails and voicemails in a timely manner throughout the day. Implements images for new hardware and works closely with the Systems Engineers to test and deploy software deployments and upgrades. Performs technical evaluations of new desktop hardware and software as assigned to ensure products being evaluated meet JHH standards and technical requirements for long-term strategic goals.
Works under guidance and direction. Once priorities are set, performs tasks with regular process updates. Participates in segments of the lifecycle of projects. Device management complexity is typically above entry level. Builds and maintains relationships through positive interactions. Demonstrates ability to provide good customer service. Tasks are moderately complex in nature (i.e., working with multiple devices or device types, or simple software, or handling more than one customer at a time).
The responsibilities listed below are typical examples of the work performed by this position. Not all duties assigned to this position are included, nor is it expected that everyone in this position will be assigned every job responsibility.
ANALYSIS and DESIGN
- Participate in the evaluation of customer needs in the computing device environment (e.g., desktop, mobile devices, etc.) by meeting with the customer to gather information on business problems. Recommends solutions for problems.
- Install software utilities for computing device management such as printer setup utilities, font downloading utilities and batch files and for automated installation of software on computing devices by using established toolsets.
INSTALL, CONFIGURE, MAINTAIN
- Under guidance, deliver, move, and physically install all computing devices and related software including peripherals, operating systems, standard software and vendor software according to documented procedures.
- Coordinate computing device life-cycle by maintaining device and software inventories, by performing preventive maintenance according to documentation and standards, and by repairing and replacing devices as needed.
- With assistance from LAN Administrators, restore files using established procedures to ensure recovery in the event of file failure.
- Participate in implementation of disaster plans.
- Participate in testing of equipment and software and provide feedback for inclusion in documentation.
- Gather information for creation and maintenance of user accounts/directory structure including network shared files and applications. Assist users in accessing their accounts and network resources.
- Uses advanced knowledge of client infrastructure components (Enterprise Client Image, Infoblox, SCCM, Active Directory, Casper, Airwatch, Microsoft InTune, and etc).
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems.
- Follow established procedures for problem reporting and resolution.
- Keep current on supported technologies.
- Using established protocols, communicate to departmental customers and/or organizational systems about updates, installations, etc.
- Accurately update resolution and time spent on tickets/service requests so that performance data can be tracked and maintained. Identify tickets for inclusion in Knowledge Base.
- Provide technical support in the use of computing devices, software products, and operations.
- Complete service requests as assigned.
- Work with LAN Administrators and areas responsible for implementing major projects.
- Mentors and serves as a role model for junior team members.
Required Education: Two years college course work. Additional experience can be substituted for education.
JHH: Related experience beyond minimum training experience qualifications may substitute for formal education requirement on a two years’ experience-for-one year education basis
Required Experience: Four years of related experience.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Knowledge in the assigned IT environments.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Possess all requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities as posted in the supplemental section.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Ability to work on assignments and set priorities.
- Ability to interface with external and internal subject matter experts to complete tasks within established schedule.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the service of users and colleagues.
- Write and communicate clearly and concisely.
- Possess sound documentation skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.