Support Center AgentApply
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
This position reports to the IT Help Desk Manager and Help Desk Supervisors under limited supervision.
- Responsible for providing first level IT support and troubleshooting throughout the Johns Hopkins Institution for computing, networking, hardware/software, desktop, printing/printer and other computer-related technology issues.
- Logging calls into Service Manager, identifying the issue, prioritizing, resolving and/or escalating the call to ensure a timely resolution sums up the major functions of the job.
- Agents provide guidance and interpretation to customers to ensure correct use of systems and applications at an appropriate level.
- The position requires that the agent learn the fundamental operation of commonly used software, hardware and other technical equipment.
- Additionally, he/she must ensure that all company procedures and policies are followed, stay attuned to help desk resources, and be aware of technology changes and new implementations.
- Strong customer interactions skills, communication skills and ability to work well with others are requirements of the position.
- Work is moderately complex and varied in nature.
- Candidate must have the ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic, remain productive during slow times and be able to multitask effectively during busy times exercising patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- The department is open 24 hours, 365 days a year. Staff will be asked to work varying shifts, weekends & holidays.
Wednesday: 8:30a- 5:00p
Thursday: 8:30a- 5:00p
Saturday: 6:30a- 7:00p
Minimum requirements: High School Diploma/GED, AA degree or higher in an IT related field preferred. Minimum 1-2 years experience in a customer service environment (helpdesk, technical contact center or equivalent. Prefer a minimum of 1 year experience in a clinical or academic contact center Must have general knowledge of IT systems (understanding of hardware, software, connectivity), working knowledge of PC, Microsoft Office Suite, email, instant messaging and ticketing system, basic understanding of the use of all supporting applications after completion of first year in department.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.