BI Tool Administrator
Requisition #: 234143
Location: Johns Hopkins Health Care, Hanover, MD 21076
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: June 23, 2020
Johns Hopkins HealthCare (JHHC) is the managed care and health services business of Johns Hopkins Medicine, one of the premier health delivery, academic, and research institutions in the United States. JHHC is a $2.5B business serving over 400,000 lives with lines of business in Medicaid, Medicare, commercial, military health, health solutions, and venture investments. JHHC has become a leader in provider-sponsored health plans and is poised for future growth.
Many organizations talk about transforming the future of healthcare, Johns Hopkins HealthCare is actually doing it. We develop innovative, analytics-driven health programs in collaboration with provider partners to drive improved quality and better health outcomes for the members and communities we serve. If you are interested in improving how healthcare is delivered, join the JHHC team.
The role will report to the manager of BI Production Support and will be responsible for supporting the reporting and analytics production support for Johns Hopkins Healthcare administering various BI tools such as Tableau, Informatica, Business Objects, SSRS and SSIS. The BI Tool Administrator role partners with all aspects of the business to facilitate the Enterprise Business Intelligence initiatives.
• Perform day to day administration of Business Intelligence (BI) tools including but not limited to Informatica, Tableau, SSRS, Crystal Business Objects, including making approved changes to process, work flows and user access. Perform implementation tasks including but not limited to: configuration, integration, custom development.
• Perform/assist with BI tool installation, updates, maintenance, and performance monitoring.
• Develop clear and concise technical and process documentation.
• Work directly with the BI team and end users to resolve BI tool support issues.
• Communicate process, operations and capability information to all levels of management and other applicable resources for BI tools.
• Work with the BI team and business users to identify and refine business requirements and workflows.
• Develop and configure systems integrations and process automation – fully utilizing each platform’s capabilities.
• Coordinate integration with on and off site systems utilizing resources from other technical teams.
• Monitor health, usage and overall compliance of BI tools and applications – audit requirements are met accurately and timely.
• Support the design of BI tool integrations and work with the vendor, business partners and technical teams for implementation.
• Share technical best practices to the immediate and extended teams for consistent practices and workflows
• Facilitates the resolution of high severity IT problem events to minimize customer impact. Responsibilities include participating in rotating on-call support process.
• Experience with the administration of related BI tools including but not limited to Tableau, Informatica and SSRS – 5 years of experience
• Experience with a variety of Business Intelligence modalities including reporting, ETL, analytics, administration – 5 years of experience.
• Strong SQL writing skills – 3 to 5 years of experience.
• Experience with highly complex reporting solutions as acquired during 3 to 5 years related experience.
• Previous experience in a health care setting is preferred.
• Experience working with big data and complex non-relational data preferred.
• Understanding of SQL Server relational databases.
• Strong interpersonal skills, strong analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple project assignments, interact effectively with customers, and the ability to lead others.
• Ability to work with others within the department, company, and other divisions; must be able to interact effectively with the leadership team.
• Demonstrated troubleshooting skills and must be an objective, fact-based decision maker.
• BS degree in computer sciences, software design, engineering, information systems, related field or comparable years of experience
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.