Bilingual Customer Service Coordinator
Requisition #: 174756
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: June 19, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager and/or Supervisor; the Customer Service Coordinator will be responsible for responding to customers billing requests and inquiries; researching and providing resolution of customer service related issues. Critical to this position is the ability to understand and navigate healthcare technology databases in order to make appropriate decisions regarding claims, patient records, and provide data, and/or financial determinations. Working with our Spanish speaking population, this Customer Service Coordinator must demonstrate proficiency in speaking, writing and understanding Spanish to English and English to Spanish with a basic understanding of collections.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Requires knowledge of accounting principles that directly impact the accounts receivable, including debit and credit transactions; charge transfers; contractual allowances and adjustments.
- Requires knowledge of billing, collection, and telecommunications software.
- Work requires handling member and/or provider calls which includes answering and documenting calls into the Customer Service Call Tracking System.
- Work requires the ability to understand, interpret, evaluate and resolve complex Customer Service issues with minimal supervision.
- Requires ability to use initiative and judgment to identify, analyze and solve complex problems.
Must be fluent in writing and understanding Spanish to English and English to Spanish.
Required Licensure Certification, etc.
- 1-2 years of call center or health care experience.
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Pay Grade: NE
Work Location: JH @ Keswick South Suite S-5100
Working Conditions: Works in normal office environment where there is little discomfort to due to the extremes of heat, dust, noise, temperature and the like
Johns Hopkins is a Smoke-Free Campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.