Bilingual Medical Assistant
Requisition #: 214307
Location: Johns Hopkins Community Physicians, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Feb. 5, 2020
Bilingual in Spanish & English required
Johns Hopkins Community Physicians is looking for a qualified Spanish speaking bilingual interpreter for our Medical Assistant (MA) position. The Bilingual Medical Assistant at ambulatory practice functions as an integral member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team in providing direct patient care. The MA functions under the direct supervision and authority of the physician when determining competencies and performing clinical tasks during patient care. The MA reports to the Practice Administrator or designee, who is responsible for administrative supervision and orientation of the MA to the area's policies and procedures. The MA administers medications and immunizations, obtains vital signs, maintains an inventory of appropriate supplies, ensures safe and efficient patient flow, tracks high-risk referrals and lab tests, facilitates safe transitions of care, organizes the practice environment to assure patient safety and quality health outcomes, and contributes to HEDIS and designated quality measures. The individual displays responsible behaviors, communicates effectively to others and functions at the highest level based on scope of practice.
Location: 1000 E. Eager St.; Baltimore, MD 21202
Shift: Non-exmpt - Full-time 40 hours per week
- High School Diploma or GED required. Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant Training Program preferred.
- Successful completion of Medical Assistant Certification Exam. Medical Assistant Certification required, successful completion of the CMA(American Association of Medical Assistants), RMA(American Medical Technologists), NRCMA (National Assoc. for Health Professionals) or NCMA (National Center Competency Testing), RCMAS (National Certification Medical Assoc.), or CCMA (National Health career Assoc.) Medical Assistant Certification required within 3 months of hire date. Five or more years of specific applicable MA experience in primary medical care may be substituted for formal training program provided eligibility for RMA(American Medical Technologists) exam. Current MA certification must be maintained. Valid CPR certification required upon hire and recertification required every two years.
- Two years’ experience in an ambulatory care setting is preferred.
- Must successfully pass all required training to obtain security access to perform role. Includes, but not limited to: Electronic medical record training, Insurance training-foundations, government and commercial.
- Must successfully pass the required JHM approved designated language assessment prior to receiving employment. Successful candidates must complete all required training within 30 days of hire.
*This position is eligible for sign-on bonus for non Johns Hopkins Medicine employees and Affiliates.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.