Bilingual Member Services Rep
Requisition #: 291985
Location: Johns Hopkins Health Care, Hanover, MD 21076
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Oct. 12, 2020
Johns Hopkins HealthCare (JHHC) is the managed care and health services business of Johns Hopkins Medicine, one of the premier health delivery, academic, and research institutions in the United States. JHHC is a $2.5B business serving over 400,000 lives with lines of business in Medicaid, Medicare, commercial, military health, health solutions, and venture investments. JHHC has become a leader in provider-sponsored health plans and is poised for future growth.
Many organizations talk about transforming the future of healthcare, Johns Hopkins HealthCare is actually doing it. We develop innovative, analytics-driven health programs in collaboration with provider partners to drive improved quality and better health outcomes for the members and communities we serve. If you are interested in improving how healthcare is delivered, join the JHHC team.
The Member Services Representative provides support for Priority Partners growth, compliance, member education, and retention efforts, reporting to the Member Services Supervisor. This person's responsibilities include:
- Responding to telephone, email, and mail inquiries from members and potential members, and is focused on supporting members in obtaining medical treatment and preventative health care services.
- Outreach to new members to provide education and full understanding of benefits, supplement existing member data, and obtain information pertaining to medical/social issues that need immediate and/or focused intervention.
- Refer members to care management, health education, special needs, and/or quality improvement departments as appropriate,
- Arrange transportation as needed.
- All fulfillment efforts triggered through advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Assists members in redetermination efforts and tracks and documents all interactions.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Associates degree related to advocacy, health care, or community relations preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in social, community, managed care, health care or medical office related field.
- Bilingual Spanish Speaking skills strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of social and health issues to effectively determine appropriate educational and service support.
- A working knowledge of local, state, and federal family support resources.
- Familiarity with medical terminology, ICD-9/10 and CPT codes are beneficial as well as knowledge of DHMH eligibility and redetermination requirements.
- Experience engaging and working with community stakeholders and as an advocate for groups or persons that are underserved
- Basic level of customer service responsiveness with telephonic experience as well as data entry.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.