Bilingual Member Services Rep I
Requisition #: 197517
Location: Johns Hopkins Health Care, Glen Burnie, MD 21060
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Oct. 24, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Member Services Representative provides support for Priority Partners growth, compliance, member education, and retention efforts, reporting to the Member Services Supervisor. This person's responsibilities include:
- Responding to telephone, email, and mail inquiries from members and potential members, and is focused on supporting members in obtaining medical treatment and preventative health care services.
- Outreach to new members to provide education and full understanding of benefits, supplement existing member data, and obtain information pertaining to medical/social issues that need immediate and/or focused intervention.
- Refer members to care management, health education, special needs, and/or quality improvement departments as appropriate,
- Arrange transportation as needed.
- All fulfillment efforts triggered through advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Assists members in redetermination efforts and tracks and documents all interactions.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Associates degree related to advocacy, health care, or community relations preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in social, community, managed care, health care or medical office related field.
- Bilingual Spanish Speaking skills strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of social and health issues to effectively determine appropriate educational and service support.
- A working knowledge of local, state, and federal family support resources.
- Familiarity with medical terminology, ICD-9/10 and CPT codes are beneficial as well as knowledge of DHMH eligibility and redetermination requirements.
- Experience engaging and working with community stakeholders and as an advocate for groups or persons that are underserved
- Basic level of customer service responsiveness with telephonic experience as well as data entry.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.