School Teacher (Bilingual - Spanish/English) - Grant Funded
Requisition #: 196346
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Jan. 23, 2020
The Hospital School Teacher facilitates the delivery of instructional support to patients and siblings at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital. Actively provides resources to facilitate the school program selected by the family. Responsible for instructing patients and/or siblings in collaboration with program selected as well as any enrichment or remedial work as recommended by the family or school institute. In collaboration with other members of the healthcare team, identifies priorities for enhancing patient schooling experience.
WORK HOURS: Days
LOCATION: St. Petersburg, FL
- Candidates must successfully pass the required JHM approved Spanish designated language assessment prior to job offer. New employees must complete all required training within 30 days of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field. English as a Second Language (ESL) Certification or English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Endorsement and/or Certification.
- 3 years classroom experience within certification field.
- State of Florida Teacher Certification.
- Thorough knowledge of Child Development and the ability to assess with visual and auditory acuity and respond effectively to the individual, age specific needs with high quality educational intervention.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to relate well with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Current infant, child, and adult CPR and AED certifications, AHA
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.