Billing Operations Program Manager, ASC
Requisition #: 484363
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: March 21, 2022
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 484363
Location: 3910 Keswick Rd., Baltimore, MD 21211
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift; 8:00am - 5:00 pm
Reporting to the Revenue Cycle Manager RCM, the ASC Billing Operations Program Manager will be responsible for ensuring that ASC Revenue Cycle Operations are operating effectively and that innovation opportunities are aligned with the strategic and budgetary goals of Revenue Cycle Management and JHHS affiliates. The incumbent works with the business owners to ensure Revenue Cycle Operations are operating appropriately and they will identify opportunities to coordinate with key resources to evaluate and prepare feedback to Revenue Cycle leadership. The Program Manager is responsible for the execution, implementation, and communication of charging, coding, billing, and collection activity with cross functional leaders, IT resources, and the RCM Senior Management team. The Program Manager is responsible for supporting and ensuring smooth operations of ASC revenue cycle functions, and reporting feedback to leadership.
Critical to this position, the ASC Billing Operations Program Manager must be able to establish clear operational goals, produce detailed reporting, define expectations and targets, communicate effectively with all stakeholders, and ensure quality standards are met while managing performance, costs, and risks. Incumbent will make suggestions and implement modifications to operational scope, deliverables and timelines as necessary. They will also direct the revenue cycle team, prepare and present operational status presentations, status reports, and plans to stakeholders and Senior Management. The incumbent will work closely with his/her manager and senior management to identify business opportunities within Revenue Cycle operations functions to improve and streamline operations efficiencies and performance. This will require developing an in-depth knowledge of departmental operations and effective working relationships with upper management. This position plays a key role in developing and implementing ASC departmental objectives and activities in support of functional business unit decision-making. This includes long-range/business RCM operational processes and guidelines, as well as, program/product development analysis. The Program Manager must demonstrate subject matter expertise related to Revenue Cycle Operations and may handle and oversee processes and inventory pertaining to revenue cycle activities.
The Program Manager works as a team member and positively accepts change throughout the Health System while establishing relationships at all facilities and becoming familiar with each institution's computer environment and payer contracts as needed. Providing daily program management throughout the program life cycle; assists with defining the program governance (controls); planning the overall program and monitoring the progress.
Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Business Management, Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, or related field is required. In lieu of a degree, work experience may be substituted for the degree on 2 years of experience for 1 year of education basis. i.e. 8 years
A minimum of 3-5 years of progressive project or program development/management experience; experience within a medical center or health system preferred.
EPIC certification preferred but not required
PMP certification required. In lieu of certification, other PMI-REP coursework and/or certificates plus an additional 1 year beyond work experience in project management may be substituted. OR an additional 2 years, beyond required work experience in program/project management may be substituted for certification.
- Requires a comprehensive understanding of program/project management
- Requires knowledge of all aspects of the Project Life Cycle methodologies and program support
- Working knowledge of all areas within the revenue cycle, and or healthcare finance, strongly encouraged.
- Knowledge of corporate finance and/or general accounting principles as it relates to healthcare, preferred.
- Requires strong communication skills to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing with peers, superiors, payers, physicians, ancillary departments, vendors, etc. with various levels of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to facilitate, support and/or participate in meetings
- Strong ability to manage several medium- to high-level complexity projects simultaneously.
- Strong ability to meet several concurrent deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Strong ability to access and manipulate data and produce meaningful and useful project management reporting
- Strong ability to work with a wide range of staff and professionals
- Requires proven analytical ability and organizational skills necessary to organize/assess information and provide recommendations based upon data analysis.
- Strong ability to suggest creative ideas that generate revenue and/or produce cost savings
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.