Business Intelligence Analyst
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Health Plans, Hanover, MD 21076
- Day Shift
Who you are:
As a Business Intelligence Analyst for Johns Hopkins Health Plans, you are the subject matter expert when it comes to collaboration with all lines of business to provide analyses and reporting to effectively manage their operations and make better data-driven business decisions. You have the ability to translate business needs into technical requirements. You are a problem solver.
What you’ll do:
- As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will work within the business to create strategic business intelligence tools.
- Develop, promote, improve, and refine as needed to meet the business needs
- Ensures that the use of business intelligence tools enhances clinical & business decision making capabilities.
- Collaborate with other teams to identify, research, and resolve complex data matters
- Ensure that customers’ data and analytic requests are met
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years’ related experience in healthcare, including 2 years of data analytic experience.
- In depth experience developing data analysis, systems design and reporting to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Requires an understanding of data management principles and techniques, healthcare payer business operations, data regulations, and project management methodologies.
- Requires knowledge and understanding of the interrelationship of business process and Information Systems applications
- Proficient knowledge of reporting and business intelligence techniques & tools such as SSRS/SSIS, Tableau and Power BI
- Knowledge of relational databases and healthcare data structures. Advanced ability to problem-solve creatively and analyze processes and systems.
- Experience working in agile development framework
- Expert in SQL programming
- Knowledge in healthcare terminology
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
Who we are:
Johns Hopkins Health Plans (JHHP) is the managed care and health services business of Johns Hopkins Medicine. JHHP is a $3B business serving over 500,000 active members with lines of business in Medicaid, Medicare, commercial, military health, health solutions, and venture investments. JHHP is a leader in provider-sponsored health plans and is poised for future growth.
Many organizations talk about transforming the future of healthcare, at Johns Hopkins Health Plans, we are setting the pace for change within the healthcare industry. We develop innovative, analytics-driven health programs in collaboration with provider partners to drive improved quality and better health outcomes for our members and the communities we serve. If you are interested in improving how healthcare is delivered, and have a passion to be at the forefront of change, JHHP is the place to call home.
Please note: US citizenship is required for this position as it falls under the terms of a government contract (to ensure compliance with DODPSP).
This position is eligible for remote work.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.