Business Intelligence Analyst II- Population Health
Requisition #: 318443
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Dec. 29, 2020
Works under the supervision of a Data Trust Analytic Team Leader or other data governance or analytic leadership appropriate for the scope of work. This supervision may be through a matrixed or direct reporting structure. This role is responsible for data analytics and additional support of performance measures, ongoing measurement, data collection, reporting, data visualizations and information dissemination. Responsible for participating in the strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence applications. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Ensures that the use of business intelligence applications enhances clinical & business decision-making capabilities. Gaining exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. Collaborates with other analytic teams as directed.
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelors Degree.
- Experience beyond the work experience requirement may be substituted for the degree on a 2 years of experience for 1 year of education basis.
- Knowledge of project and information management.
- Analytical ability required to gather data and perform transformation and analysis.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and clinical informatics.
- Highly proficient with business intelligence techniques and tools for the acquisition and transformation of raw data into meaningful and useful information for business and analysis purposes.
- Knowledge of relational databases and EMR data structure.
- Ability to problem-solve creatively and analyze processes and systems.
- Must possess written and verbal communication skills necessary to gather and exchange data (both internally and externally) with members of the health care team.
- Ability to independently assess which data management and statistical strategies are needed to optimally report outcomes.
- Administrative skills, including advanced use of word processing, database, spreadsheet and desktop publishing software.
- Demonstrated competence in all areas identified in the Competencies, Dimensions, Problem solving, and Information Management sections.
- Ability to analyze complex data sets.
- Data mining/management, data collection instruction, including ability to show data in a user-friendly format for a variety of audiences.
- Work requires good analytical and problem-solving ability to assess, prioritize and solve highly complex clinical and systems problems.
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills required to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and quickly switch between priorities/tasks.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and adapt to a rapidly changing work environment.
Required Licensure Certification, etc.:
- EDW internal certification required within 6 months.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience in health care, including a minimum of 2 years of data analytic experience
Machines, Tools, Equipment:
Advanced computer skills and the ability to operate audiovisual, general, and office equipment.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.