Requisition #: 192307
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Sept. 6, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Full Time /40 hrs./week, Day Shift – (7:30 AM – 4:00 PM)
A Cabinet Maker installs, repairs and fabricates architectural woodwork such as that relating to windows, doors, and floors and basic wooden Furnishings, and determines tools and materials required for each job. Work of this class involves no supervisory duties or responsibilities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Work requires a high school level of educational development and four years of previous experience.
- Maryland Class C Driver’s License required.
- Certification as a Journeyman Carpenter required.
- Work requires the analytical skills to resolve problems that require the use of basic scientific, mathematical, or technical principles.
- Work requires the ability to exchange information on factual matters, schedule appointments, greet visitors, explain Medical Center policies, and/or relay messages to appropriate personnel. This type of interaction requires courtesy and tact when dealing with patients, visitors, and/or Medical Center employees. More sensitive situations may be referred to others as appropriate.
Required Physical, Mental, and Visual Abilities:
- Lifting and/or carrying objects weighing more than 50 pounds.
- Pushing and/or pulling non-motorized equipment (e.g., stretchers, supply carts, mops) weighing over 50 pounds.
- Climbing - ascending or descending ladders, scaffolding, or ramps.
- Stooping and bending.
- Reaching and grasping objects.
- Manipulating and operating power tools or machinery.
- Walking and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Work requires working in an area that is somewhat uncomfortable due to drafts, noise, temperature variation or the like.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.