Cardiac Tech- Certified Medical Assistant
Requisition #: 544563
Location: Johns Hopkins Regional Physicians, Columbia, MD 21044
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: June 23, 2022
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Requisition #: 544563
10710 Charter Dr, Ste 400
Columbia MD 21044
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift; 8:00am - 4:30pm
Weekends Required: No
This is a clinical staff position with responsibility for specified patient care duties within Cardiovascular Specialists of Central Maryland (CSCM), a practice pod of Johns Hopkins Regional Physicians LLC.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of every job.
- Assists in the organization of efficient patient flow by communicating effectively to others, demonstrating problem solving skills and competently performing patient care activities.
- Maintains patient confidence by appropriately securing patient information and completing patient related tasks in a timely manner.
- Maintains a safe, secure and healthy work environment by complying with established regulations, standards and procedures.
- Assists with maintaining operational equipment by following operating instructions, performing preventive maintenance, and following appropriate process for trouble shooting and repair.
- Maintains supply readiness by inventorying stock regularly, placing timely orders and assisting with replacement of received items.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading current professional publications.
- Serves and protects the practice and its patients by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local guidelines.
Minimum of a high school diploma or GED required. Associate college degree desirable, preferably in a clinical discipline.
Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Training Program and/or active certification as a Medical Assistant by an approved national examination agency. Current training and certification in basic life support (BLS) required; advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) required for specific diagnostic areas
Required Work Experience:
- Experience with computerized EMR (electronic medical records) systems highly desirable; familiarity with use of computers required.
- Ability to operate clinical cardiac equipment, including EKG, treadmill and holter monitors and event recorders.
- Ability to perform routine job duties with minimal supervision and direction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with staff, physicians, Howard County General Hospital departments, patients, families and outside agencies in such a manner as to gain their confidence and secure their cooperation and respect.
- High level of patience, tolerance, and tact in order to deal effectively with people and time pressures.
- Professional demeanor, attitude and appearance.
- Initiative and assertiveness in dealing with problems.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.